Why Should You Hire A Certified Arborist?
As a homeowner, you probably have some form of individual trees around your property. This natural greenery gives a touch of personality to your humble abode; but with this benefit, there also seems to be an immense amount of time that must be given in properly maintaining these individual trees. Luckily, you don’t have to put in much time, energy, or money to properly care for these trees if you hire a certified arborist. Some homeowners may opt for an uncertified arborist or to do the job themselves, but this is not recommended. Therefore, the following are reasons every homeowner should hire a certified arborist.
They are Knowledgeable
Needless to say, certified arborists have gained a certain level technical mastery in properly maintaining woody plants and trees; they are also required to pass in depth exams to properly assess their knowledge of all things related to tree care. However, even after passing these exams, certified arborists are required to maintain their certification, lending itself to an individual or company that is up to date on the most effective means of caring for your trees.
They Provide a Wide Range of Services
Most people think arborists only handle dead tree removals; however, they can provide a wide range of services. Most traditional arborists can provide services such as:
- Pruning: to improve the appearance and safety of trees. This is normally needed if trees are interfering with utilities or are obstructing walkways.
- Planting: arborists can recommend appropriate tree plantings and the type of species of trees that would be suited against the weather or common insects in your area
- Tree Removal: an arborist can accurately tell when a tree needs to be replaced. Dead or dying trees and trees that are heavily diseased need to be removed to help prevent future damages and prevent any hits to your property value.
- Soil Aeration and Fertilization: both help maintain quality root growth and overall health of the tree.
- Emergency Tree Care Services: if a storm comes through and manages to cause trees to fall down and damage your property, arborists can safely and effectively remove them, ensuring further damage does not occur.
Most Have Insurance
If damage were to occur in the process of some form of tree service, certified arborists more often than not have liability and worker’s insurance that can help pay for the damages. However, this is not always the case, so it is best to ask for proof before hiring a certified arborist. We took a random sampling of companies in Wichita, KS, called and asked each one a series of questions to find out what levels of certification their arborists have and whether or not they carry liability and worker’s insurance. Only one Wichita tree service that we called met all of the criteria we were looking for.
Are Up to Date
Certified professionals more often have the latest technology and methods in ensuring that trees are properly cared for, helping to maintain their certification status and provide quality service. Non-Certified arborists, on the other hand, may often take part in practices that are not standard procedure, which may cause more harm than good.
Certified arborists are your go to people for anything tree related. Hiring professionals can help ease any tension of having to remove a dead or dying tree, or even if your trees simply require pruning to keep them healthy and attractive. Maintaining trees is very important as dead trees left on the property can severely lower property value.